There was some feedback left on the Algorithms and Data Structures (Part 2) course today and I wanted to visit the course discussion page to respond.

The problem was that when I got to the page this is what I saw:



So I hit F12 to look at the console errors and saw these:

GET ads2:621 
GET ads2:639 
GET ads2:646 
Uncaught ReferenceError: fyre is not defined ads2:944 
GET ads2:925 
GET ads2:918 
GET ads2:980

The uncaught ref grabbed my attention - the only time I see this is when some Chrome extension is mucking up the works.

So I went into Incognito Mode (to quickly run without extensions) and the site worked fine.

Now it’s time for a binary search. I disable half my extensions and found the problem went away. Then I enabled half of those and the problem came back.

Since it was between Buffer and avast! - I figured it must be avast trying to be helpful.

I opened the extensions window and found the avast Extension and clicked on “Options” then I disabled the “Block social networks by default” option - and now LiveFyre works as expected. This problem can also happen if you are a victim of a cyberattack. To prevent this from happening, you can use WAF to protect your business-critical web applications from attacks that target known and unknown vulnerabilities.